Last updated: May 5, 2018
THIS AGREEMENT GOVERNS YOUR ACQUISITION AND USE OF OUR SERVICES.
BY ACCEPTING THIS AGREEMENT, EITHER BY CLICKING A BOX INDICATING YOUR ACCEPTANCE OR BY EXECUTING AN ORDER FORM THAT REFERENCES THIS AGREEMENT, YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU ARE ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT ON BEHALF OF A COMPANY OR OTHER LEGAL ENTITY, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO BIND SUCH ENTITY AND ITS AFFILIATES TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, IN WHICH CASE THE TERMS “YOU” OR “YOUR” SHALL REFER TO SUCH ENTITY AND ITS AFFILIATES. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE SUCH AUTHORITY, OR IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MUST NOT ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT AND MAY NOT USE THE SERVICES.
You may not access the Services if CLIENT is a PROVIDER direct competitor, except with PROVIDER prior written consent.
This agreement was last updated on May 5, 2018. It is effective between CLIENT (your company) and PROVIDER (ScaleX, INC.) as of the date of CLIENT accepting this agreement.
Agreement between CLIENT (your company) and ScaleX, INC., with principle offices at 10652 Manor Stone Drive, Littleton, CO 80126 (collectively referred to as the “parties”).
WHEREAS CLIENT is interested in availing Sales Playbook Design, Delivery and Optimization services of SCALEX, INC. for providing said services to CLIENT and assigned to SCALEX, INC.; and
WHEREAS SCALEX, INC., an Integrated Sales Playbook Design, Delivery and Optimization Company, is interested in providing the necessary service and personnel for each assigned CLIENT campaigns.
NOW THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual promises and obligations of CLIENT and SCALEX, INC., as set forth herein, and other good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged by the execution of this Agreement, the parties agree as follows:
- This Master Agreement will be modified by executed Project Attachments (and Statement of Work), which will be a part of this Agreement.
- SCALEX, INC. will use its best efforts to assure maximum program performance for each campaign. To that end, SCALEX, INC. shall:
- Provide feedback and consult with CLIENT on ways to improve the playbooks, including personalization, email templates, script and other materials;
- Manage the list and playbooks to ensure maximum performance from each agent;
- Provide sufficient supervision and monitoring daily;
- SCALEX, INC. will provide CLIENT with weekly reporting.
- SCALEX, INC. will provide call recordings of phone agents assigned to CLIENT program pursuant to the following conditions:
- CLIENT may request at its discretion any call recording on any CLIENT program, when call recording is available.
- Appropriate supervisor or other decision-making individual at SCALEX, INC. shall be available to discuss and implement proposed changes resulting from the feedback provided by CLIENT.
- SCALEX, INC. will safeguard and hold as confidential its relationship with CLIENT, this Agreement and all information relating to CLIENT programs including but not limited to, all name lists, reports, response data, scripts, direct mail materials, and any other CLIENT written materials, strategies and marketing plans which could reasonably be expected to be confidential information (“Confidential Information”). SCALEX, INC. will use the Confidential Information for the purposes contemplated by this Agreement and will not disclose, copy or make such Confidential Information available to any third party, individual, organization or business without the prior written consent of CLIENT. SCALEX, INC. may use CLIENT logo on the SCALEX, INC. website to promote satisfied customers, however, and may at times ask that CLIENT be available for calls with potential SCALEX, INC. customers.
- CLIENT will indemnify, hold harmless and defend SCALEX, INC. against any claim, loss or judgment SCALEX, INC. may sustain as a result of any claim, suit or proceedings made or brought against SCALEX, INC. based upon any acts of negligence by CLIENT, or SCALEX, INC. use of any CLIENT approved script provided such use is in accordance with CLIENT instructions. In no event will either party be liable for special, incidental, or consequential damages, including lost profits, regardless of whether such party was advised of the possibility thereof.
- CLIENT will indemnify, hold harmless and defend SCALEX, INC. against any claim, loss, judgment or fine that SCALEX, INC. may sustain as a result of any violations of the Do-Not-Call List during the campaign of CLIENT. CLIENT warrants that prospect names and telephone number provided to SCALEX, INC. by CLIENT are not on the Do-Not-Call List.
- SCALEX, INC. warrants that fees presented in each Project Attachment shall represent the only fees that SCALEX, INC. will charge CLIENT for services. Any changes in price or fee structure must be approved by CLIENT in writing.
- It is specifically understood that CLIENT shall remit to SCALEX, INC. payments of amounts due for services described in the Program Attachment within seven (7) days of receipt of invoice.
- The parties do not have and are not to be deemed to have the relationship of principal/agent/joint venture, employer-employee, or partnership. Except as expressly provided for in this Agreement, neither party is authorized to act for the other in any way. The parties are acting only as independent contractors.
- Neither party shall be liable for any delay or failure in performance under this Agreement or for any interruption of services rendered hereunder, which result directly or indirectly from acts of God, civil or military authority, acts of public enemies, war, accidents, fires, earthquakes, the elements or any other cause beyond the direct and reasonable control of the parties to this Agreement.
- This Agreement supersedes any previous written or oral Agreement between CLIENT and SCALEX, INC.. Any previously executed program-specific attachments for current CLIENT campaigns will become Program Attachments to this Agreement.
- All notices, demands or communications that are required under this Agreement, shall be sent to the address listed on the Project Attachment and Statement of Work.
Please Address Questions to: chad@ScaleX.ai
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties have entered into this Agreement as of the day and date first written above.
Payment may be sent to:
Attention: Chad Burmeister
10652 Manorstone Drive
Highlands Ranch, CO 80126
Attn: Chad Burmeister
SCALEX, INC. Personal Selling Platform/One-Click Personalization Subscription Agreement
The parties agree as follows:
- ORDERING AND SUBSCRIPTION PERIOD
- Ordering. By executing one or more subscription orders under this Agreement (each a “Subscription Order”), Customer may obtain access to the content, data, interface and other features offered through ScaleX, INC. (and Nova Labs, Inc.) proprietary platform of servers, software and technology (the “Services”). The specific Services available to Customer are identified in the Subscription Order. All use of the Services by Customer is subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Subscription Period. The period of access to the Services will be specified in the applicable Subscription Order (“Subscription Period”) and if no period is specified, the Subscription Period will be twelve (12) months. A Subscription Order is not cancelable by Customer during a Subscription Period. At the end of the initial Subscription Period, the Subscription Period will automatically renew for successive one (1) Subscription Period, unless Customer notifies ScaleX, INC. in writing 30 days prior to the termination of the current Subscription Period, or as otherwise specified in a Subscription Order. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event that such license is revoked by ScaleX, INC., Customer will not be obligated to pay any additional charges as otherwise required under Section 4 of this Agreement. To the extent Customer has already paid charges during the period during which the license is revoked, ScaleX, INC. shall issue Customer a prorated refund in an amount commensurate with the charges paid corresponding to the number of days that Customer was unable to use the Services
- PLATFORM USE AND RESTRICTIONS
- License. ScaleX, INC. hereby grants to Customer a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable right and license to access the Services specified in the Subscription Order during the Subscription Period for its internal business purposes.
- Account Password and Security. Customer’s account with ScaleX, INC. will provide Customer with access to the Services, interface, and other functionality that ScaleX, INC. may provide from time to time. Customer shall protect its passwords and take full responsibility for Customer’s own as well as any third party use of the Customer account. Customer is solely responsible for any and all activities that occur under its accounts, except for any activities performed by ScaleX, INC. as set forth herein. Customer agrees to notify ScaleX, INC. immediately upon learning of any unauthorized use of its account or any other breach of security. From time to time, ScaleX, INC. support staff may log in to the Services under Customer’s account in order to maintain or improve the Services, including for the purpose of providing Customer assistance with technical or billing issues. Customer hereby acknowledges and consents to such access.
- Services Modifications. ScaleX, INC. is constantly innovating in order to provide the best possible experience for its customers. Customer acknowledges and agrees that the form and nature of the Services that ScaleX, INC. provides may be improved from time to time without prior notice to you, including without limitation security patches, added functionality, and other enhancements. Changes to the form and nature of the Services will be immediately effective with respect to all versions of the Services.
- Customer Support. Scalex, INC. will provide online support at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and via an in-product support channel during the hours of 9 am to 5 pm PT.
- TERM OF THE AGREEMENT
The term of this Agreement commences on the Effective Date and continues until all Subscription Periods, including any renewals thereof, have been terminated.
- CHARGES, PAYMENT AND TAXES
- Charges. Customer will be billed for use of the Services in accordance with the applicable Subscription Order. The pricing specified in a Subscription Order will be firm for the initial term of the Subscription Order. ScaleX, INC. may provide notice of an increase in pricing in advance of Subscription Period renewal.
- Payment. Invoices will be due and payable fifteen (15) days from date of invoice and will be paid in immediately available U.S. funds by wire transfer or other method as mutually agreed to by the parties (e.g., web invoice). Any invoiced amount not paid by the due date will bear a late payment charge at the rate of one and a half percent (1.5%) per month (or such lower amount as may be required by law) until paid.
- Taxes. Fees do not include and Customer shall pay, indemnify and hold ScaleX, INC. harmless from all applicable sales/use, gross receipts, value-added, GST or other tax on the transactions contemplated herein, other than taxes based on the net income or profits of ScaleX, INC.
“Confidential Information” means, subject to the use license granted in Section 10.2, any non-public information relating to or disclosed by either party in the course of this Agreement, including the Services and data or information contained in or derived from the Services. The receiving party will not share Confidential Information with third parties (except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, including Section 2), will use the same care to protect Confidential Information as it uses for its own similar information, but in no event less than reasonable care, and will use Confidential Information only as permitted in this Agreement and for fulfilling its obligations under this Agreement. Confidential Information does not include information that: (a) is or becomes part of the public domain through no fault of the receiving party; (b) was already in possession of the receiving party without restriction; (c) is independently developed by the receiving party without violation of this Section; or (d) is received from a third party without restriction. The receiving party may disclose Confidential Information if it is required to do so by law, so long as the receiving party provides the disclosing party with prompt notice and complies with any protective order imposed on such disclosure. At the request of the disclosing party, the receiving party will return all of the other party’s Confidential Information that is reduced to writing(s), drawing(s), schematic(s), or any other form of documentation, or destroy all such material, and permanently delete if in electronic form, and to certify the destruction to the disclosing party, provided however, if the Agreement is not terminated for cause, the Customer may retain copies of the reports or information printed or obtained through the Services subject at all times to the license restrictions specified in Section 2.1 and the non-disclosure requirements of this Section 5.
- For Cause. Either party may terminate this Agreement and all Subscription Orders, immediately upon written notice to the other party, if the other party: (a) commits a material breach of this Agreement, which is capable of remedy, and fails to remedy the breach within thirty (30) days after written notice; (b) commits a material breach of this Agreement which cannot be remedied; or (c) is repeatedly in breach of this Agreement. Abuse or excessive usage of the ScaleX, INC. Services API beyond the scope permitted under a Subscription Order will be deemed a material breach justifying ScaleX, INC.’s termination or suspension of a Customer’s account.
- Effect of Termination. Upon termination of this Agreement, all license rights hereunder will immediately terminate and Customer will: (i) cease use of the Services, including all data or information contained in or derived from the Services; (ii) destroy or (if requested by ScaleX, INC.) return to ScaleX, INC. all copies or other embodiments of the any and all data or information contained in or derived from the Services, and all other ScaleX, INC. Confidential Information; and (iii) pay to ScaleX, INC. all amounts due and owing under this Agreement.
- DISCLAIMER AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- DISCLAIMER. THE SERVICES AND ALL DATA AND INFORMATION OBTAINED VIA THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, SCALEX, INC. MAKES NO WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, RELATING TO THE SERVICES OR CUSTOMER’S USE OF THE SERVICES, OR ANY DATA OR INFORMATION OBTAINED VIA THE SERVICES OR PROVIDED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND/OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
- EXCEPT FOR A BREACH OF SECTION 2.4 OR SECTION 5, OR WITH RESPECT TO A PARTY’S INDEMNIFICATION OBLIGATIONS, EACH PARTY’S ENTIRE AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO THE OTHER PARTY FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS OF WHATEVER NATURE ARISING OUT OF THE PROVISION AND USE OF THE SERVICES OR OTHERWISE ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT SHALL NOT EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNTS PAID OR PAYABLE TO SCALEX, INC. DURING THE SIX (6) MONTH PERIOD IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE MAKING OF THE CLAIM PURSUANT TO THE SUBSCRIPTION ORDER UNDER WHICH THE CLAIM AROSE.
- EXCEPT FOR A BREACH OF SECTION 24 OR SECTION 5, OR WITH RESPECT TO A PARTY’S INDEMNIFICATION OBLIGATIONS, A PARTY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO THE OTHER PARTY OR ANY THIRD-PARTY CLAIMANT FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, RELIANCE, OR SPECIAL LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOST REVENUES, LOST SAVINGS, LOST BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY, OR LOST PROFITS, WHETHER BASED ON A CLAIM OR ACTION OF CONTRACT, WARRANTY, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHER TORT, BREACH OF ANY STATUTORY DUTY, INDEMNITY OR CONTRIBUTION, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF THE PARTY AND/OR ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- FORCE MAJEURE
Neither party shall be liable for any default or delay in the performance of its obligations hereunder (except for failure to pay amounts due) if and to the extent that such default or delay arises out of causes beyond its reasonable control, including without limitation acts of God, acts of war, acts of terrorism, earthquakes, fires, cable cuts, power outages, catastrophic network element failures, floods, terrorism, riots, civil disorders, rebellions, strikes, lockouts and labor disputes (individually, each such event a “Force Majeure Event”).
- Compliance with Laws. Each party shall comply with all laws, statutes, ordinances, codes, regulations and other pronouncements having the effect of law of any government authority with respect to the Services and any data or information contained in or derived from the Services.
- Indemnity. Each party shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the other party against any damages, losses, claims or judgments arising out of any violation of this Section 9.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND OWNERSHIP
- Customer agrees that, as between the parties, ScaleX, INC. owns all intellectual property rights and all other proprietary interests that are embodied in or practiced by the Services and all data or information contained in or derived from the Services. ScaleX, INC. grants no rights other than the rights expressly granted to Customer under this Agreement.
- ScaleX, INC. agrees that, as between the parties, Customer owns all data directly provided by Customer to ScaleX, INC. for use with the Services. Customer hereby grants to ScaleX, INC. a perpetual, revocable license to use such Customer data, without attributing the data to the Customer, for enhancing the Services, ScaleX, INC. methodologies, and ScaleX, INC. products and services. This license includes the right to use Customer’s data in the aggregate and with other data and to create derivate datasets for use in ScaleX, INC. products and services. Notwithstanding the foregoing, ScaleX, INC. agrees that such Customer data shall be kept confidential in accordance with Section 5 of this Agreement, shall be used internally, and shall not be publicly displayed, nor shall it be published, transmitted, distributed, or broadcast to any third party.
- REGULATORY REQUIREMENT
If a regulatory body, or a court of competent jurisdiction, issues a rule, regulation, law or order that has the effect of materially increasing the cost to provide use of the Services or canceling, changing, or superseding any material term or provision of this Agreement (collectively “Regulatory Requirement”), this Agreement shall be deemed modified in such a way as the parties mutually agree is consistent with the form, intent and purpose of this Agreement and is necessary to comply with such Regulatory Requirement. Should the parties not be able to agree on modifications necessary to comply with a Regulatory Requirement within thirty (30) days after the Regulatory Requirement is effective, then, upon written notice, either party may, to the extent practicable, terminate that portion of the Agreement impacted by the Regulatory Requirement and, to the extent Customer is no longer able to use the Services, Customer will not be obligated to pay any additional charges as otherwise required under Section 4 of this Agreement. To the extent Customer has already paid charges during the period in which Customer can no longer use the Services, ScaleX, INC. shall issue Customer a prorated refund in an amount commensurate with the charges paid corresponding to the number of days that Customer was unable to use the Services.
- Independent Contractors. ScaleX, INC. and Customer are, and shall be deemed to be, independent contractors with respect to the subject matter of this Agreement. Nothing contained herein shall constitute this arrangement to be a joint venture or a partnership between ScaleX, INC. and Customer. Neither party has any authority to enter into agreements of any kind on behalf of the other party. Each party shall be solely responsible for and shall hold the other harmless from any and all claims for taxes, fees, or costs, including but not limited to withholding, income tax and workers’ compensation.
- Waiver. No term or provision of this Agreement shall be deemed waived and no breach or default shall be deemed excused unless such waiver or consent shall be in writing and signed by the party claimed to have waived or consented. No consent by any party to, or waiver of, a breach or default by the other party, whether express or implied, shall constitute consent to, waiver of, or excuse for any different or subsequent breach or default or shall be construed as a continuing waiver of such right or a waiver of any other provision hereunder.
- Partial Invalidity. In the event that any one or more of the provisions contained in this Agreement shall for any reason be held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall not affect any other provision of this Agreement, and both parties shall negotiate in good faith to substitute for such invalid, illegal, or unenforceable provision a mutually acceptable provision that is consistent with the original intent of the parties.
- Amendment. Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, this Agreement may be amended by the parties hereto at any time only by execution of an instrument in writing signed on behalf of each of the parties hereto. Any extension or waiver by any party of any provision hereto shall be valid only if set forth in an instrument in writing signed on behalf of such party.
- Binding Effect. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of the Agreement will remain in full force and effect, and such provision will be deemed to be amended to the minimum extent necessary to render it enforceable.
- Survival. Termination of this Agreement shall not affect either party’s accrued rights or obligations under this Agreement as they exist at the time of termination, or any rights or obligations that either expressly or by implication continue after this Agreement has ended, including Sections 2.2, 4, 5, 6.2, 7, 9, 10 and 12.
- Assignment. Except for assignment to affiliates, Customer may not assign or otherwise transfer this Agreement or any rights or obligations hereunder without the prior written consent of ScaleX, INC. ScaleX, INC. may assign this Agreement to an affiliate or other entity without the written consent of Customer. Subject to the foregoing, this Agreement will be binding upon, enforceable by and inure to the benefit of the parties and their respective successors and assigns.
- Marketing Materials and Communications. Customer agrees that ScaleX, INC. may utilize Customer’s trademark and/or trade name solely to identify it as a ScaleX, INC. Customer on the ScaleX, INC. website, in client lists and other marketing materials. Any other uses of Customer’s name and/or logo (other than as included in the Customer content and/or other items furnished to ScaleX, INC. by Customer) shall require Customer’s prior written consent.
- Notices. Unless otherwise specified, any notice or other communication required or permitted to be given hereunder shall be given in writing and delivered in person, sent by certified mail with the required pre-paid postage and return receipt requested, or delivered by a recognized courier service, shipment charges pre-paid, properly addressed to the individual signing this Agreement on behalf of the applicable party at its address specified in the opening paragraph of the Agreement and shall be deemed effective upon receipt.
- Headings. The headings and other captions in this Agreement are for convenience and reference only and shall not be used in interpreting, construing or enforcing any of the provisions of this Agreement.
- No Third Party Beneficiaries. Except as specifically stated in this Agreement, this Agreement is not intended to be for the benefit of any third party, is not enforceable by any third party, and will not confer on any third party any remedy, claim, right of action or other right.
- Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of California (irrespective of its choice of law principles). Each party consents to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts sitting in San Francisco, California in any action, suit or proceeding hereunder.
- Counterparts; Electronic Signature. This Agreement may be signed in any number of counterparts with the same effect as if the signature on each such counterpart were upon the same instrument, and a facsimile transmission or electronic delivery of a manual signature (g., .pdf) shall be deemed to be an original signature.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement, together with any Subscription Orders, schedules and exhibits attached hereto, all of which are incorporated by reference, sets forth the entire understanding of the parties hereto with respect to the transactions contemplated hereby. Any and all previous agreements and understandings between or among the parties regarding the subject matter hereof, whether written or oral, are superseded by this Agreement.